What Exactly Is a "Curbless" Shower?
A curbless shower does not have the traditional raised lip or threshold between the bathroom floor and the shower floor. Instead, the design enables a seamless entryway without any divider between the bathroom and shower floors. This way, the two surfaces are at the same level and transition from one room to another without disruption.
The "zero entry," "barrier-free," "zero-threshold," and" "no lip showers" are all common names for this type of design.
Are Curbless Showers a Good Idea?
These no lip showers provide a stylish and accessible design for all ages and those who dislike cleaning. They can get installed in both new constructions and existing bathroom retrofit projects.
No lip showers feature a single slope from the bathroom floor to the shower drain, eliminating the need for a lip or threshold. It makes it easier to get into the shower and provides an excellent opportunity to use large-format tile that looks beautiful and is easier to keep clean.
Overall, they are ideal for anyone looking to add an updated look to their bathroom while maintaining accessibility.
- Upgrades - Curbless showers are a great way to incorporate luxury design into your bathroom. Add accessories such as a folding shower seat to sit on, stylish grab bars, shelves, or a heated floor. Tip: Century stone granite is a popular choice for curbless showers.
- Modern Aesthetic - Provides a sleek, modern look that instantly enhances home value. An open layout without any partitions or doors makes small spaces feel more extensive and visually appealing. Easy-to-install heated floors, benches, and smart showerheads complete the look for a clean, finished feel.
- Expensive - The average cost is $5,000; however, renovating an existing bathroom to include a curbless shower can often cost as much as $8,000 to $12,000. The price varies depending on the materials used, the shower's size, any extra features included, the cost of labor, and how much time it will take to complete the project.
- Challenging To Install - Installers need to lower the floor and may use a linear drain for easier installation. However, it is still more complicated than a standard shower because it requires a 3-inch recessed pan, cement layer, and proper slopping for water drainage.
- Little Privacy - A curbless shower may not be for you if you value privacy domestically. Anyone else in the bathroom can see you without doors or a barrier. Frosted glass or curtains can increase privacy, but they disrupt the seamless look of your bathroom.
- Improper Design Can Lead To Wet Floors - Water can escape the shower area if designed properly, leading to excessive wet floors and potential slips. Be mindful of the layout and slopes in curbless showers to prevent water from escaping and causing potential hazards and water damage.
Luxury Tile Showers
We offer options to make your shower a personal oasis, including no lip showers, linear drains, ceramic tile, epoxy grout, frameless glass, and floating benches. Whatever your vision, we can make it a reality.
Shower Design Services
For homeowners who want to create the perfect space to wash the day away, we offer a wide variety of design options to make their vision a reality. With a team of talented designers, you can be sure that your new shower will look how you want.
Handicap & Disabled ADA Showers
Everyone deserves to be safe and comfortable in their own homes. So, we offer an ADA selection designed for safety and usability. These showers have features like grab bars, low thresholds, and bench seats, which are perfect for the elderly and disabled.
Shower Mold Mitigation
Shower mold can be a real problem. Not only does it deteriorate, but it can also lead to coughing, asthma, and spores in your home. Finding mold in your shower renovation can seem worrying, but with our services, you can forget that problem for good!
Installation can be challenging, but with us, the process is easy. We have installed countless curbless showers and take pride in our work. Plus, we offer a warranty on all of our installations.
Here's how the process works:
- Consult: We begin by meeting with you to discuss your vision for the project. Then, we take measurements and photos of your existing tub or shower space.
- Design: We will create a detailed design plan for your new curbless shower based on our consultation. This plan includes choosing the accessories, suitable tiles, and materials such as grout.
- Install: Once you've approved the design plan, we can install your new shower system. It includes removing your old tub or shower, fixing any structural damage caused by leaks or deterioration, waterproofing the space, and installing your chosen tile and glass.
When we finish, you'll be able to enjoy your new curbless shower for years to come!
The Top Choice for Your Home
We are the top choice for your home, with a team of experienced professionals who efficiently provide quality services. Book a consultation or call us now to learn more about our services and how we can help you create the perfect curbless shower for your home.